The Town Hall Debates are Working

Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Town Halls have been packed lately with people debating the Healthcare Bill, or, as the liberals like to say disruptively protesting at Town Halls. I, for one, see nothing wrong with letting your representative know your feelings on an issue. How can they possibly represent a group of people if they never find out where said people stand? The left are practically the inventors of protest, it seems strange that the right is held to a different standard.

I came across this acticle today which raised my optimism to new heights. Sometimes I feel like I am rooting for the underdog just by being a republican in a nation ruled by the loons on the left. This particular piece is particularly heartening because the comments contained in it come from a Democratic Senator. Senator Russ Feingold of Wisconsin has been supportive of the healthcare plan, extremely supportive, like to the left of Obama supportive. That's why this quote is so significant, "Nobody is going to bring a bill before Christmas, and maybe not even then, if this ever happens," Feingold said. "The divisions are so deep. I never seen anything like that."

If this ever happens. I love the possibility that this will never, ever, not in a million years, happen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment