Former President Carter Calls Joe Wilson a Racist

Wednesday, September 16, 2009
This morning on the news I saw Jimmy Carter saying that Joe Wilson's comment was racially motivated and that much of the Obama opposition is because he's a black man.  I take great offense to that.  My opposition to Obama is because of his policies, not his race.  Joe Wilson's comments had nothing to do with race either.  It's unfair that everytime anyone disagrees with Obama they are immediately labeled a racist.  Jimmy Carter also said racism is bubbling to the surface in that people don't think that a black man is qualified to run the country.  Excuse me?  Maybe it's his complete and utter lack of qualificiations that convince people that he's not qualified, as well as his actions over the past nine months. 

It is completely insulting to insinuate that half of the country cannot look beyond race and see the issues.  Obama's political stances are offensive enough, regardless of what he looks like.  I do not believe that Joe Wilson is a racist.  I believe that the forum he chose was unfortunate, but I also believe that he brought attention to a very important issue and for that I'm greatful.  President Obama stood on that stage and claimed that Republicans were telling 'scary stories' and 'tall tales.'  Was he not calling Republicans liars as well?  I understand how that could be frustrating to Joe Wilson, I do.  I know I would be squirming in my seat wanting to say something. 

Now that 'the Great Leader' is in power and he has race on his side I guess there's nothing he can't do.  Any opposition is discrimination and inherently irrational.  What a sad state we are in. 

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice post. I ironically posted about the same thing today haha.

Post a Comment